Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering the differences in how feedback is left and at what point dendroboard users decide to leave negative or neutral.

For instance, lets say you bought a couple darts expecting them to be shipped out within 2 weeks of paying for them depending on weather, availability etc.

Now lets say the shipper doesn't ship them out within the expected 2 week period you agreed on and it takes them much longer.

Assuming you get the frogs healthy and happy at what point would you decide to leave neutral or negative feedback. Is the rule of thumb the seller can take as long as they want as long as you receive healthy frogs?

Does Negative feedback come after being a month over the expected shipping time?

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
That's a tough one. Maybe consider leaving a feedback that simply gives the facts (which they should all do).

Ex: "Frogs arrived in good health. Shipping took much longer than expected."

eta: You might be tempted to just let it go (I would) but then would you leave any feedback at all? I think it still benefits the seller for the buyer to acknowledge the arrival of healthy frogs. It also warns the next guy that the package might be late. :p

·
Registered
974 Posts
If there are no breaks in weather where shipping can be carried out safely, then I would not hold the seller accountable. If you are not willing to wait for that break then I would consider asking for a refund and trying to find someone local with the frogs of interest.

On the other hand, if there has been ample opportunities to ship the frogs safely within the time frame you agreed with the seller but no shipping has been attempted; then I would say this is bad service.

I guess what I am trying to say is, if it isn't safe to ship then that is no ones fault. But if the seller is missing openings over and over again with no good excuse; then you are entitled to leave neutral/negative feedback - which is in the hobby's best interests.

We don't practice shipping frogs here in the UK as you guys do over the pond, so its not a position I can say I have been in myself.

Regards,
Richie

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
This is a tough one indeed.
First off, honesty is always the best policy. So when you do leave feedback, be it positive or negative, always tell the truth, exactly what transpired.
If there is a delay in shipping due to weather then the seller should be in contact with you the buyer as to when shipping is possible. I feel this responsibility is on the seller. If there is no good communication and several suitable days pass with no frogs shipped and no communication from the seller that's not a good sign and should probably be reported when you leave feedback.
However I do feel you should always attempt to contact the seller and see if you can work things about between the two of you before just prematurely blasting someone in the feedback section. Even if you do have things worked out correctly it's ok to say something like "Joe Blow delayed the shipping beyond my expectations but made up for it with extra broms"
That way everyone knows there was a positive outcome, though it may have initially been a negative experience.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I'm not saying this is happening to me ...;-) but if it was I would be torn what to do. With many shipping opportunities missed and being over a month late on shipping time it would be tough to ignore the very poor service.
I would be very tempted to just leave nothing as feedback if the frogs ended up arriving safe sooner or later. But then again I feel as well that it would do the hobby a disservice not getting the truth out there so others were aware.

I do really like the idea of just saying the facts and letting the opinion of the readers decide Positive, Neutral or Negative.

Does anyone know if the feedback monitors let you do something like this or if you have to put one of the 3 ratings?

That's a tough one. Maybe consider leaving a feedback that simply gives the facts (which they should all do).

Ex: "Frogs arrived in good health. Shipping took much longer than expected."

eta: You might be tempted to just let it go (I would) but then would you leave any feedback at all? I think it still benefits the seller for the buyer to acknowledge the arrival of healthy frogs. It also warns the next guy that the package might be late. :p

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I believe I've read many feedback posts that didn't specifically state "Positive", "Neutral", or "Negative".

Honestly, I'm not a mean person at all... but, when I'm buying, I expect it to be shipped in a timely manner. Availability shouldn't come into play at all unless that was stated before I paid and I knew up front how long it would be. I can see waiting until the beginning of the week. But, I think that if two weeks went by and nothing was shipped, I would consider asking for a refund (barring catastrophe). No one should list frogs for sale if they are not prepared to send them out within a reasonable time.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I would say it would depend heavily on the communication involved. Did said seller explain that there would be a delay, possibly due to work, family issues, health, etc? If so, did he offer the buyer the chance to back out, which would of course have to include an immediate and full refund.
The way I see it, if communication was good, and the right offer made, BUT the buyer decided to wait for whatever reason, then there is absolutely no reason to leave bad feedback. In fact, if the buyer left bad feedback at that point, I feel that would be crossing the line.

On the other hand, if the buyer was strung along with a series of excuses, or worse, was offered no communication, and no chance to get a refund was offered, then bad or neutral feedback may very well be warranted.

Reactions: frogface

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Did said seller explain that there would be a delay, possibly due to work, family issues, health, etc? If so, did he offer the buyer the chance to back out, which would of course have to include an immediate and full refund.
I think this is a very important point...
If the buyer has been offered options and has chosen to wait, then this should not warrant bad (or even neutral) feedback for the seller.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Was the seller new at selling and shipping frogs? It can be a nerve wracking experience, especially if you are inexperienced at it. Could it be nervousness that caused them to put it off?

If so, then I would give them a break. I'm still scared when I ship frogs. :eek:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with shipping frogs and things being scary. I have done it 3 times and even get help from a buddy of mine but I still get nervous...

Was the seller new at selling and shipping frogs? It can be a nerve wracking experience, especially if you are inexperienced at it. Could it be nervousness that caused them to put it off?

If so, then I would give them a break. I'm still scared when I ship frogs. :eek:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree and think these are good points worth considering. thats why if this ever happened to me ;-) the most I think I would do is state the facts and let the readers decide.

It would be tough to decide what to say in a review especially with someone who has given good responses most of the time. I would just feel obligated to give the whole story in the feedback. Even if there was good communication most of the time it would still be hard not to express dissatisfaction with a seller. For example if they kept telling you the darts would be shipped within the next 2 days (or whatever guarantee they gave) and after the 3rd day came and they didn't ship them they would say shipping would be the next day.

All in all I feel like there is a lot of grace you can give as a buyer in this situation but when it get to the point where a seller goes back on their word over a dozen times that needs to get in the open for other buyers to know.

I don think you can go wrong just telling the story and letting the reader decide if the buyer and unrealistic expectations.

I would say it would depend heavily on the communication involved. Did said seller explain that there would be a delay, possibly due to work, family issues, health, etc? If so, did he offer the buyer the chance to back out, which would of course have to include an immediate and full refund.
The way I see it, if communication was good, and the right offer made, BUT the buyer decided to wait for whatever reason, then there is absolutely no reason to leave bad feedback. In fact, if the buyer left bad feedback at that point, I feel that would be crossing the line.

On the other hand, if the buyer was strung along with a series of excuses, or worse, was offered no communication, and no chance to get a refund was offered, then bad or neutral feedback may very well be warranted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts