Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My leucs have been eating and growing like crazy, which means of course that they're also pooping like crazy. I have them in a 'critter keeper' with saran wrap around the top to keep the humidity up. When should I clean it, or do I have to worry about it at all?

·
Premium Member
13,489 Posts
How long are we talking, and what is the substrate?

Arklier said:
My leucs have been eating and growing like crazy, which means of course that they're also pooping like crazy. I have them in a 'critter keeper' with saran wrap around the top to keep the humidity up. When should I clean it, or do I have to worry about it at all?

·
Registered
757 Posts
If your using paper towels as substate, you will need to clean it out a lot. I found it more worthwhile, and more sanitary, to put 1/2-1" dirt and plant cuttings in the container. You'll notice that paper towels start smelling after a mere few days of being changed. Just my experiences!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I would just scare/nudge them into another container or use a small aquarium net to catch them with and place in a holding container (Deli cup, Gladware, etc...). I use shoe boxes and have an extra shoe box and go back and forth between the two for the same froglet or small group of froglets. I think it is easy this way. That way you can move them into a clean enviroment quickly.
Later and Happy frogging,
Jason Juchems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.