Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My leucs have been eating and growing like crazy, which means of course that they're also pooping like crazy. I have them in a 'critter keeper' with saran wrap around the top to keep the humidity up. When should I clean it, or do I have to worry about it at all?

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
How long are we talking, and what is the substrate?

Arklier said:
My leucs have been eating and growing like crazy, which means of course that they're also pooping like crazy. I have them in a 'critter keeper' with saran wrap around the top to keep the humidity up. When should I clean it, or do I have to worry about it at all?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They'll be in there probably for another month. They're tiny froglets. The substrate is paper towels.

·
Registered
850 Posts
If your using paper towels as substate, you will need to clean it out a lot. I found it more worthwhile, and more sanitary, to put 1/2-1" dirt and plant cuttings in the container. You'll notice that paper towels start smelling after a mere few days of being changed. Just my experiences!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, what's the best way to catch them without stressing them out? They're still not used to me sticking my had in the cage. My azureus come hopping the minute they see the cage open.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I would just scare/nudge them into another container or use a small aquarium net to catch them with and place in a holding container (Deli cup, Gladware, etc...). I use shoe boxes and have an extra shoe box and go back and forth between the two for the same froglet or small group of froglets. I think it is easy this way. That way you can move them into a clean enviroment quickly.
Later and Happy frogging,
Jason Juchems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts