Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 4 tads/froglets that are at varying degrees of mophing out. When do I start to feed them springtails? I assume 1 or 2 days after the tail is completely absorbed!?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jacob...as you can see in the picture, these guys are super tiny when the morph out! I'm slightly concerned with stressing them out by feeding springtails too early that will crawl all over them before they are ready to feed. Thoughts?

rmelancon said:
Have the springtails available to him so that he can eat as soon as he wants to.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
rmelancon said:
Have the springtails available to him so that he can eat as soon as he wants to.
I agree with that. I don't have any amys...yet, but I've seen frogs with tails eat before...but I understand not all will. I don't think it would hurt at all to throw in some spagnum seeded with springtails.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Put something in the cage that the springtails won't congregate on in large numbers, like cork bark than place some selaginella on top for a hiding spot.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I always knew you were a bright guy Greg. :wink: You don't miss a thing and yes you are correct, our group came with some tadpoles too.

G

·
Along with Robbs suggestion it looks like it is climbing now so I'd add a cutting of potho or something in the container it is in.I'm sure it will just climb to get away from springtails if you add too many.
Good luck,
Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts