Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There
Will try to be quick.
I've got quite a lot of Dart Frogs in my collection and everything's perfect...but.
Today I found one of my nicely grownup Azureus(+-1year old) dead on the floor of the viv!!!!!
I had him from froglet size and he wasn't showing any signs of any problems coming.
It was in the long viv(80cmx30cmx40cm)together with one more slightly bigger Azureus(no aggression ever observed) and they were always eating equally.
Because that particular viv,and only that I always wanted to do as nice mixed tank i keep the frogs together with lovely trio of Electric Blue Geckos.
They never ever bother the frogs as they always hiding on the top of the broms while Azureus can't be even ask do go that far.......but!Yesterday I fed that viv a bit more micro crickets than usual,not crazy lot but bit more to make sure that geckos will get fed and know I wondering
Did any of you guys ever lost frog after single overfeeding?
Is that possible at all?
Tomorrow I'm passing body to the vet to confirm what i already know(no deseas,no parasite)as I did test before but such a shame...
Give me you opinion please.Cheers.
Greetings from London.Greg

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Greg,

Were the Lygodactylus wild-collected? There are many pathogens that can take a while to be obvious in the frog. I doubt if it was the feeding that caused the death, but i wouldn't be surprised if the geckos passed something over to the frog.

Please let us know what you find out through the pathology.

Take care, Richard.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I'm concerned they CB.But you never know,you know everyone is saying that.They could be from that shop when I bought them from they know what they doing.
I will keep you updated.
Thanks for quick reply.
g

1 - 3 of 3 Posts