Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting out and have done a lot of research and cannot find a reason as to why springtails cannot be used as a primary food source. All I ever see is a statement that it shouldn't be done. I undertsand that a PDF should have a varied diet, so why couldn't you have sprintails as the main course and fruit flies as the side dish? I'd like to do springtails instead because they seem easier to keep, not very smelly, can keep cultures directly in the viv and reproduce quickly. I'm planning on keeping leucs, by the way. I guess if they are too small you would have to feed a lot of them to keep the frogs healthy, is this the only reason? Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it sounds like the reason is because it would be hard to keep the frogs full and healthy with springtails since they are so small. I guess I'll just have to go for the fruit flys with some springtails. One thing I can't figure out is why do you make a new culture each week? Do you get new fruit flies to start it with or just use old ones?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.