Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm trying to gather information on what an ideal LED array would be for our hobby. I'm talking with a friend and we are thinking of making a LED light fixture and we're wondering a few things.

If you could have any LED light fixture made, what would it include?
Internal timers? Programmable dawn/dusk features?

What would be your ideal kelvin temperature be? Im thinking between 5,000k and 7,000k
Would you benefit from an adjustable k temp? Vegetative blue-heavy light v.s. Flowering red-heavy light.

Wattage?

LED count?

P.A.R requirements?

Any information would be greatly appreciated and possibly utilized to make a specialized fixture for our community.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great info every one!

Thank you Evil for your custom work offer, but I am currently following my own production avenues.

In regards to cost, cost will continue to drop as the tech becomes standard practice but will likely take quite some time to compete with the diy fixtures that are commonplace around herps. Unless you cut quality, in that case you will get what you pay for, i.e. underperforming units that are still relitivly costly.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Thanks
TN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.