Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used epiweb and gs on all my vivs. I'm quite good at that approach, but now I want to try cement.
My boyfriend isn't into the hobby like I am,( or at all really) and when he said he wanted a bearded dragon I jumped at the opportunity to get him involved haha and to allow another tank in the house.
A bearded dragon has no business in a rain forest, so if anyone has any tips for and how to build his Viv let me know!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Search youtube for ideas! I see them all use colored tile grout or dryloc. I also saw a really nice 160g (trying to find it) with orange tile grout and had a few basking spots, caves, and by god was the cooled bearded dragon tank EVER!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
check out this link, some pretty neat ideas...

Lizard care, and fake rock wall landscapes

Otherwise, i used underlayment cement from home depot.
Well you can't get any better answer than this.
That site is amazing.
Also make sure you check out his tutorials on YouTube.
Here is his channel YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
As he says in his methods Mod Podge works well but isn't waterproof so it is best to invest in the product he mentions called Shields All.
Here is a tank he did and he even drew the background

Here is something I made using that site

Whatever you do don't use any colored/calcium sand, walnut shell substrate, really anything you see at the pet store isn't good for them. They all have chances of impactation.
I used Lowes Premium Playsand...but there is still a chance with it to cause impactation.
They should be put on tile or make the bottom like I did with the basking platform.
All the answers are on that site mentioned by kgb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts