Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a few options as far as tanks go. I am picking up 2x 29 gallons, 2x 10 gallons, and 1x 20 high this next Friday from a Guy who has them laying around. So that would make my available tank count at 1x 36 bowfront, 3x 29s, 2x 10s, and 2x 20s (one high one long). My question is which I should start construction on first? I plan in buying a breeding pair or two of different species so I need two seperate tanks To start with. The 36 was originally going to be a nano reef tank so it has black sides and back with a 2.5" bulkhead drilled in the back center on the top....could I use this as a fan port to allow fresh air? What would you do?

And opinions are much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Its kinda hard to tell you what you should do:( IMO, research is the best tool you have. When i started out, it was basically research. After you aquire infromation, just start building.

·
Registered
253 Posts
First things first... Look into terrarium conversion kits to see if any will fit your tanks. That should help to point you in one direction or another. :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Wow, you scored big.

Blacked out tank would be a good start as you could GS foam it and be one step ahead. You can cap the bulkhead until you're ready to make a decision.

Just look at all those tanks. Surely one of them will whisper sweet nothings in your ear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm scoring all those tanks for only $45. I think my 36 gallon will be first and going to be home to matecho tincs and I have the choice of a 29 or my 24"x18"x18" zoomed to build on for a pair of tarapotos. Sound Okay?

A&K Reptiles
[email protected]
(607)-372-4195

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
What is this?? A newb actually starting out by giving his frogs some living room??? Nice! You must have done SOME research. I like your first step!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm the kind of person who makes arrangements prior to purchase. I know way to many people who fail at many things for not researching and setting everything up prior to getting any animal. I mean yes I have had my fair share of impulse buys....my leopard geckos actually were and I had to drop $450+ to get them in the right conditions. I'm pretty excited to be starting to plan out how I want my tanks to look. I was thinking of doing a waterfall with the 36 through the bulkhead but after reading I realize it Can be difficult to keep good water quality and such...plus the frogs don't usually need it unless they come from a really wet area which I realize some don't so it will all depend on what I'm getting for my design I really want to make it as naturalistic as possible to help with breeding purposes. I even started to clean all the empty tanks I have now with a highly diluted bleach solution and a good rinse and sun dry in preparation for what's to come. I need to pick up another rack to fit these tanks on. Looks like ill be stopping at Lowes next weekend. :)

A&K Reptiles
[email protected]
(607)-372-4195

1 - 7 of 7 Posts