Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a hexagon tank that we are going to eventually set up for darts. I'm not sure on the size but think it is 30-40 gallons. Before we even consider setting it up, I would like some suggestions on what frogs we should put in it. Since both my husband and I have our preferences (he prefers tincs and auratus, I like almost everything) I thought I could get input from you guys! I would love to have something that does well in groups but am open to all suggestions. With Frog Day coming I figured now is the best time to ask :D

·
Registered
776 Posts
A hex tank is usually a pretty tall tank that does not have much floorspace. I would recommend a group of thumbs if you want to get the most out of available space in the tank.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do know I have to go with thumbs, the question is which ones? :) There are so many to choose from! If it helps, we currently have fg vents, nominant imi's and variabilis. Plus I would like something that does well in groups.

·
Registered
776 Posts
That leaves you Lamasi, Fantastica, Varadero, Benedicta, Uakarri, and Summersi. I personally think a group of Vanzolini would do well in an enclosure like that.

Also don't forget about the Tricolors and Anthonyi.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
That leaves you Lamasi, Fantastica, Varadero, Benedicta, Uakarri, and Summersi. I personally think a group of Vanzolini would do well in an enclosure like that.

Also don't forget about the Tricolors and Anthonyi.
While tricolors do well in groups, aggression is notorious, and a male-heavy group is often suggested. Keeping Anthonyi requires "levels" in their setup so males can fight for the best spot (dominant male towards the top). I'm just not sure if Zombie Frawg wants to deal with that in tricolors, or even seeks to breed them in the first place.

Although tricolors tend to be on the small side (not technically thumbnails though), they more than happy to chomp down on crickets when they are adults. Babies will eat hydei right out of the water!

I recommend a group of Imitators, Lamasi, or Fants. It all depends on how many you want, and what budget you have. Choose a morph that fits the two and you're set!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts