Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 135 gallon vivarium that came with 5 bicolors. The viv didn't have any kind of false bottom, no background, and needed a little bit of work. I've decided to build a 40g viv for the bicolors. Once the 40 is up and going and the bicolors are set, I will be redoing the 135. My question is im not sure what to put in the tank. I'm not into mixing species so I'm looking for a larger group. What are your guys thoughts?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Would be a cool tank for a large group of anthonyi or tricolor. It really depends on what you want. Luecomelas are another option. Another thing you could do is make a DIY very it would be hard to light it.

Alex

·
Registered
359 Posts
Why not put the bicolor's back in it. a 40g is gonna be cramped for 5 bicolors.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why not put the bicolor's back in it. a 40g is gonna be cramped for 5 bicolors.
That was the original plan when I bought the tank. After trying and figure out how I wanted to build it I was thinking about leaving the bicolor's in the other tank and get some more frogs.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think terribilis could make a really cool display in a big tank, but if you don't want the bicolors in there, I assume terribilis are also out of the running, being so similar.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what are you planning on doing with the setup? Might help coming to the right species
I was thinking a small shallow pound in the middle. Im going to get a mistking system and I also have a fogging system. The tank is lit with 6 t5ho's so light isn't going to be an issue. I would like it to be densely planed. I thought some kind of thumbnail would cool but frog's that small in a tank that big would be hard to find.

This is not my tank. I found this picture on here of a members tank. It's the same size as mine but was done a couple years ago. I really like how its set up and was hoping to plant it kinda similar.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sounds like a cool plan. I'd say that prominent features like a pond are always better a bit off center. You have enough space to have it be densely planted with a little bit of open space as well. The denser the tank, the more likely the thumbs will be bolder from everything I've heard

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My girlfriend mentioned she would love to see some kind of day gecko in the tank. Has anyone ever tried keep any type of geckos in with darts in the tank this big?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm sure you know mixing is generally frowned upon, but people have mixed phelsuma klemmeri and gonotodes and sphaerodactylus wt darts. It does require completely redesigning the set up with respect to heat spots and air flow among other things and the behavior of the animals. Definitely an advanced hobby pursuit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts