Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm going for something a little rarer, so my choices are thus:

Pumilio- have always loved them and could get fairly easy now and only need a pair

Castaneoticus- love their look and would enjoy making a ground vivarium but since they're more group frogs would be more expensive

Silverstonei- look awesome but might be harder to get and no one seems to know too much about them

By the way I probably won't be able to get them for a few months this is just to decide on what tank to make.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What do you want out of the new additions, and what cages do you have available for them? I really don't understand wanting "rare" frogs, just because they're rare. The E. silverstonei are large, fairly shy (more like a D. leucomelas), the D. castaneoticus are also similar in personality, but not as flighty. We all know how bold D. pumilio can be. I wouldn't recommend getting WC if you don't have experience with them. Anyway, just a few things to think about.
j

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I strongly recommend you consider some E. zaparo

I just got some E. zaparo from Tor Linbo. I love them. I have no idea why they are not a more popular frog in the hobby. Check them out. They are not shy and are some of the fastest frogs I have ever seen.
Dave

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Don't get E. silverstoni unless you cn keep them cool, cool,cool. Out of the three casteonecticus are probably the ones you are least likely to have problems with. Their is the issue that they are not supposed to be in the pet trade.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
There are a lot of herps that are not supposed to be in the pet trade that are. Bearded dragons and carpet pythons, for instance. Both appeared in the pet trade AFTER Australia had banned all exports.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I really want E. zaparo, but Tor didn't want to ship. I wish they were more popular, maybe I could get some then lol. The only things I can think of that are holding them back in the hobby are the low number of people working with then, and that the froglets seem (as I have heard from other people) to be touchy. If you ever get them to breed and are willing to ship please let me know :D .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.