Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend gave me dendrocare. i dust my flies with every feeding. there are so many different suppliments out there and of course they all claim to be the best lol... thought i would see what works for people here.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
You will get many opinions on what is the best supplement to how to supplement to how often to supplement. I use reptivite, reptical, and repashy plus supplements and am happy with the results.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
I use Repashy Calcium Plus and Superpig everyday.

Richard.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I personally rotate through:

Repashy Calcium Plus ICB
Repashy SuperPig
Rep-Cal Herptivite
Rep-Cal Calcium with D3 (phosphorous free)
Blair's Super Preen

·
Registered
297 Posts
I use Repashy Calcium Plus and Superpig everyday.

Richard.
I used to do the same and now just use the Calcium Plus because it already contains paprika and other ingredients that help with color. I thought it was an overkill. Am I in the wrong?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I started out in the hobby using Repashy Calcium + ICB, and in May of this year switched to Repashy Calcium Plus. I love the fact that it's supposed to be an "all you need"-type supplement and I don't have to remember rotation schedules. I simply use the same thing every feeding. I have SuperPig...but never opened it. My frogs have remained vibrantly colored, so I don't see the need, and don't want them turning orange when they shouldn't be! Lol! I've thought about adding the new Vit A...but haven't yet...the tads I have had have been doing pretty darn good. So...I love Repashy! :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Wow, i guess nobody really uses it dendrocare. BlackJungle gave it to me. I havent use any other supplements and curious to see what the difference are by using Repashy. Any Input?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I mix the superpig (15%) straight in with the cal plus (85%). I just put a little at a time in an old ICB jar and keep the rest in the fridge(cal plus) and freezer(superpig). I use both rep-cals every now and then just to switch it up.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Wow, i guess nobody really uses it dendrocare. BlackJungle gave it to me. I havent use any other supplements and curious to see what the difference are by using Repashy. Any Input?
Dendrocare is fine and there are a large number of threads discussing it that can be found using the search feature. All because you got some posts that show it isn't now being used doesn't mean that it isn't in wide use as there are a lot more people on the forum than the small section that respond to the post.

I've used and still use it for some of my stuff.

Ed

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think it's really interesting how fast and heavy Repashy has taken off. The same question 3-5 years ago would have be Retical herptivit all down the line. Very cool. I love seeing new business growing especially who have such a service and quality foundation. Way to go! Allen

·
Registered
67 Posts
Repashy supplement info

I'm just trying to get a general consensus on Repashy food supplements. I have read alot of posts and looked at all the Repashy supplements. I have decided this is the brand i want to use, but, trying to determine which ones i need. So, from what i've read people are using Repashy Calcium Plus ICB regularly as well as mixing with Repashy Vitamin A Plus . about once a month or as needed as well as Repashy SuperPig for yellows and orange PDFs. What about using Repashy SuperMin / Supervite mixed with Repashy Calcium Plus ICB?
Any particular choices of which ones you use and which ones work best together. All these supplements get a little scary playing mix and match, just wondering whats working best. Right now we are purchasing a D Colbalt, a D. Azureus, a pair of Alanis and 9 D. Azureus Tads. I have also purchased Cultures of Hydei and Melanogastor as well as Temperate Springtails and White Isopods for feeding. I will also be looking thru my woods for Termites. Thanks for any ideas or help you can give me.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Re: Repashy supplement info

I'm just trying to get a general consensus on Repashy food supplements. I have read alot of posts and looked at all the Repashy supplements. I have decided this is the brand i want to use, but, trying to determine which ones i need. So, from what i've read people are using Repashy Calcium Plus ICB regularly as well as mixing with Repashy Vitamin A Plus . about once a month or as needed as well as Repashy SuperPig for yellows and orange PDFs. What about using Repashy SuperMin / Supervite mixed with Repashy Calcium Plus ICB?

The vitamin A is not meant to be used more than 4 times a month and is targeted at frogs that are suspected of not having sufficient vitamin A in thier diet so they are deficient. Issues with fertility, feeding and/or tadpole metamorphosis are all potential symptoms.

The calcium ICB is meant to be used as a stand alone supplement and does contain vitamin A in the form of a retinyl (active form) as opposed to the vast majority of other supplements that use beta carotene as the main (or sole) source of vitamin A. The superpig, can be added to the rotation to help the frog's meet thier metabolic needs for the carotenoids (but the calcium ICB does contain superpig as part of it's formulation). The frequency of use for superpig depends on a number of factors including but not limited to how often you feed the frogs (while not idea you can also add some to the enclosure so it can make it's way into the food chain inside the tank (if you have seeded it with various invertebrates). The Supervite is targeted for those people who want to control the level of D3 in the diet and is supposed to be mixed with one of
the calcium/D3 supplements but it can also be used on it's own.

In general, if you do not see any issues with the frogs (like short tongue or reproductive) you can stick with the Calcium ICB or the Calcium ICB and Superpig in a rotation.

Ed

1 - 20 of 26 Posts