Dendroboard banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse my english...I'm from Slovakia! :wink:

What is smallest breeding tank for a pair? azureus? aratus? Tinc powder blue? Luecs? how should i decorate?

Thanks,
n

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hello!

Your English seems perfectly fine to me.

Anyway, I have bred all of which you have listed in ten gallon vivaria. I would suggest more space though just so the animals aren't so cramped. I should add that I kept only pairs in these ten gals.

Definately decorate! Plants....Plants...Plants! And of course a coco-hut.

Justin

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
This also interests me. So is a 10 gallon set-up ok for breeding a pair? Could they live there long term? Could you use 10 gallon verts? Out of the frogs that she listed, which ones prefer a vertical orientation (maybe luecs)? Which would prefer a horizontal orientation (azureus)?

Thanks,

David

andersonii85 said:
Hello!

Your English seems perfectly fine to me.

Anyway, I have bred all of which you have listed in ten gallon vivaria. I would suggest more space though just so the animals aren't so cramped. I should add that I kept only pairs in these ten gals.

Definately decorate! Plants....Plants...Plants! And of course a coco-hut.

Justin

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Where would be a good place to get glass and to have it cut? Aren't the edges sharp? Does anyone put something around the edges? If so, what?

TIA,

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
In my opinion, it would be a waste to put any of thoose frogs in a vert ten, as all thoose frogs prefer horizontal space more than vertical space.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
That is the sort of thing that I am concerned about! Anyone else want to chime in? Space is also a consideration. Any suggestions on how to arrange about 4-6 10 gallon tanks that is both functional (easy access and space saving) and good for the frogs?

TIA,

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea homemade tops from the shop are the best...unless they sand the edges to where its too smalll and you dont notice it until you get home.....then its just a waste of money....but if its done right...worth every cent

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Ok Ok...I admit it...I am just too lazy...so I am ordering 4 vertical custom 10 gallon inserts made of acrylic for $39.00 a pop. I know it's expensive, but they are really high quality.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey david, where are you ordering the inserts from? I don't have a car at the moment, so driving around getting glass cut for me would be a major pain. thanks.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I use heavy duty 36" plastic racks (they were free, I got 20 levels that are 2 feet deep, and 8-10 that are 18" deep), I can fit 3 tens on each level, and for the amount of shelves I can fit in my frog room/shed I can have 36 tens, and still have room for flies, my other feeders, and bromeliads.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I would save the 10 gallon verts for thumbnails, like vents, imitators, retics and pumilios.

I would build 20 gallon verts for leucs, galacs, auratus, and dwarf tincs; maybe some young tincs and azureus.

The larger tincs and terribilis probably need more ground space, like 29 gallon.

Just a thought.

Tim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts