Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so today I've been working on constructing my Viv and I am almost ready to start the background but I'm kind of worried about the bottom level of my tank. Under the false bottom that will just be the pipes holding up the egg crate and my water pump...How can I hide that without using gravel? I'm not really thinking I'll be living in this place forever so I don't want it to be too heavy for transport but it can't have much debris because of the water pump. Ideas?

Thanks,
BMcDarts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Instead of just an egg crate platform, make it into a box. Leave 1/2"-1" of space between the glass and the box, then fill this gap with pebbles/aquarium gravel. Doing it this way will make it less likely for your substrate to fall into the water, since it is already full of rocks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Instead of just an egg crate platform, make it into a box. Leave 1/2"-1" of space between the glass and the box, then fill this gap with pebbles/aquarium gravel. Doing it this way will make it less likely for your substrate to fall into the water, since it is already full of rocks.
Agreed. This is the best way to do it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I do exactly what GRIMM does. I also use black construction paper for edges where GS touches the glass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts