Dendroboard banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have read a few threads in the care sheet section but I am still not decided yet. I have a 18x18x24 Exo-Terra and I would like to know if you have a species that a novice like me could have In this small enclosure. If my tank is not large enough, I will use it as a planted tank instead.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've kept a pair of leucs in my tank of that size for a year now with no issues. That said, I am working on a much larger tank for them as I think they'll benefit from the extra space.
Thanks.

Like I said in my earlier post, I prefer to have only plants instead of having a too small frog habitat.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
If you might consider a different approach, there are some pet roaches that can go together real nice in a planted display. Upkeep is generally much easier for these animals in comparison with frogs.

I need to work on some updated photos, but my 125G setup has Elliptorhina javanica. Ergaula capucina, Therea olegrandjeani and Gyna caffrorum. I like it a lot. Very easy maintenance.

Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Flower Wood

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you might consider a different approach, there are some pet roaches that can go together real nice in a planted display. Upkeep is generally much easier for these animals in comparison with frogs.

I need to work on some updated photos, but my 125G setup has Elliptorhina javanica. Ergaula capucina, Therea olegrandjeani and Gyna caffrorum. I like it a lot. Very easy maintenance.

View attachment 303343
If my terrarium is too small for frogs, I think I will add only springtails and isopods. Millipedes would also be interesting. I don't think I will add cockroaches.

Am I supposed to see cockroaches on your picture? And what is the kind of reddish-brown on the right? I am curious to know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
If my terrarium is too small for frogs, I think I will add only springtails and isopods. Millipedes would also be interesting. I don't think I will add cockroaches.

Am I supposed to see cockroaches on your picture? And what is the kind of reddish-brown on the right? I am curious to know.

Thanks!
The roaches are in there. This is just a full-tank shot. I need to get some new photos to show the roaches because there are more adult individuals walking around.

That thing is a Ganoderma Reishi conk. I wanted this setup to showcase the decomposition of dead wood material and related ecological processes and that's part of why I included the Ganoderma and the roaches.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts