Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on building a new viv , and am looking for suggestions on lights and light fixtures that would be ideal for a150 gallon long aquarium that are still reasonably priced. Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend. You can go catalina lights are awesome but will cost you a nice penny. If you wanna cut some costs you could go with some fishneedit.com fixtures. Ive been very happy with my fixtures from them. I use t5ho lights over my 125 gallon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Savior which length(s) did you get ? I think the one pictured below is my best/most economical bet. The Catalina are a bit to pricey for my budget.

The longest I see pictured is 4' , will these be an issue since the tank is a bit longer? I assume it would still work, just with less optimal growth on the ends that are not directly under the light.

With this one it gives a few choices as to bulb color. They default is on blue, I assume I would want white or mostly white. Is this correct ? Also am I correct in assuming that I would be best to go with the 6700k for the color temp ?

Link:
4Ft/4Bulbs fixture

·
Registered
134 Posts
You could definitly go with a 4ft fixture and just have some lower light plants on the ends. Theu dont sell the 6ft fixture I have anymore. You could also get 2 3ft fixtures. As far as bulbs you will want the 6700k. You would want the combination red/white.

·
Registered
725 Posts
if you want really good plant growth and nice brom color i would recommend AH supply's 2 x 96 watt compact fluorescent light kit. one bulb and reflector is 34.5 inches long, so you could easily make a diy enclosure and easily fit 2 end to end in there. They're not super pricey if you get the bulbs somewhere else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts