Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the bad quality but it is the little things moving, you can see them all over but they are really small and this was the best I could do. Thank you

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you could re film and lean the camera on the glass or other prop so it's not so shaky i might be able to see better =). I am just as wobbly while filming so I always have to lean my hand or camera against something. I would imagine they are grindle worms or similar though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Possibly fungus gnats? I still don't really see what you're trying to show, just little glints of glimmering light. But fungus gnats are common viv pests which like moist conditions like you seem to have here. They're harmless but a bit pesky. Maybe try to describe what you're seeing to us; are they worms? grubs? do they jump? do they fly? how big are they?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They appear to be little worms maybe that move their heads. You can see one a little better than the rest if you look at the peat moss pile right by the shadow. It is white but still very small do looking at it in full screen helps

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks like some sort of nematode. The way it can scratch a bit and waves around the tip looks highly nematode to me. Try handing it a fish flake on a toothpick with tweezers on standby (sharp ones) :D

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
the nematodes that I have had in one tank crawl up the glass, waving their little heads around just begging me to crush them....and from what I have read, they will destroy the springtail populations...keeping the viv on the dry side helps control them as well....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts