1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
trivittatus?

·
Registered
561 Posts
They are a really cool frog, my male (red morph) is super bold. If you have the room for a larger enclosure, I'd recommend them. If you do get them keep them in quarentine for a while and have fecals done. A lot of the animals I have seen are WC. I'm always on the lookout for some of the "real" green morph from Peru.
Ed

·
Registered
561 Posts
Dane, I have a red striped pair in a 40 gallon. There is a stream running on the upper level that ends in a small waterfall. This drains into a small pond that is as wide as the enclosure. Here is a picture of the enclosure, if you look closely you can see the male under some magnolia leaves in the upper right corner of the picture:

He is really bold and calls a lot. They also have other vocalizations too. At some point I'd like to get them into an even bigger enclosure. Here is a link to our website that describes the setup.
http://www.martin-spot.com/frogs/frogs_ ... tatus.html
We have had them for about 5 months now. I had brighter lights but the female hid all the time. Now she is out a lot, but not nearly as bold as the male.
Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts