Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for names of plants that climb walls and plants that you might plant high in the viv to hang down.

Thanks in advance for any help offered guys and gals!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I know Peperomia Rotundifolia and Prostrata will both hang off of ledges. They dont seem to have strong enough steams to hold the fat leaves up unless they have firm rooting points. I start them in my moss, then they grow up the back wall, and once they reach the top they turn around and go back down :D

I havent been able to find any, but I have also seen Dischidia Hirsuta grow down in other people's vivs.

Another down grower is called Dendrobium pugioniformis. It is an orchid and seems relatively easy to grow. I have one in a grow-out tank and I dont pay any attention to it care wise.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Microgramma ferns do both, Microsorum seems to just want to grow up.
Rhipsalis is pendulus

·
Registered
995 Posts
Wire Ivy! [AKA, wire vine, maidenhair vine, etc...] Muehlenbeckia complexa or Muehlenbeckia axillaries.

I absolutely love this plant, it spreads fairly quickly, but not as fast as F.pumila, looks good, and almost bullet proof, IME...

here's a pic:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have that plant growing as a house plant, but for the life of me cannot get cuttings to root. Have you tried this boabab?

·
Banned
503 Posts
Hoya sp. loves to dangle and vine it's way DOWN. As for up, ficus pumela, philodendren, speices of maranta, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts