Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 36x18x36 exoterra and was lookin to get either auratus azureus or luecs. What do you think would be best for this tank. I am open to other ideas but keep in mind i am not very experienced in dart frog keeping yet. Picture is before i got my light fixture and i also added a few more plants since then.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Luecs maybe a thumbnail... Can you take a picture so we can see the ground? Because from this view you can't really see it... Also make sure that the frogs would be able to get out of the water easily.

Alex

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Luecs maybe a thumbnail... Can you take a picture so we can see the ground? Because from this view you can't really see it... Also make sure that the frogs would be able to get out of the water easily.

Alex
lol yea kind of a crappy pic. i will post more when i get home. but yea the water section isnt done yet at all, i still plan to put some plants in the water and maybe some driftwood or something for fish to hide and for frogs to climb on. i think i have an early pic of the ground, here on my work computer and i will post that so you get the idea for now....yea i do, the second pic is one from the right of the tank looking left (before the background was done) and the first is a crappy pic of the right side. sorry i will post better pics soon.

-Edit:after seeing the pics out of the thumbnail view, i can see that they arent really help at all, sorry, i will post pics by tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
How many gallons is the water area? Any idea what kind of fish you're hoping to put in there?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many gallons is the water area? Any idea what kind of fish you're hoping to put in there?
i would say about 10 gallons, although not all of the water will be accessable by fish as most of it will be under the false bottom. i was thinking maybe one or two of those glofish (the bright colored designer dannios) or maybe some ghost shrimp. nothing too much as there isnt much room. good thing about it though is there will be a slight current going from one side to the other so the fish will keep active.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Because there is so much ground as well as hight, you are probably best off with Lues as they will use more of that tank than will say Azures will.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Good job on the planting man! I'd put some neon tetras in there and mabye a shrimp. I'd also put some emerging plants in the water area, to add some puzazz.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts