Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have one noob question. when a frog's throat area trembles or keeps on shaking what does it mean. is it their normal behaviour or is it the way they breathe or is it due to stress. they are not calling though. Thanks!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yes, it's just the way they breathe.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
From what I've read here (I'm no expert), frogs breath by forcing air into their lungs with their throat. When they are stressed out or excited or whatever, this becomes more noticeable (faster?).

Like I said, I'm no expert. If I'm wrong, I expect one of the more experienced to correct me. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. yeah they are not upside down. initially i was just afraid that they are stressed out due to new environment, but i guess they are just being natural :)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
but many times i see that their throat area don't move too. does that mean they are not breathing then?
Sometimes if you come up to the frogs and they get startled or frightened, they will "hold their breath" as you described. It's nothing to worry about, they will be on their way and back to breathing easy in a short time.
Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts