Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is a vet. I asked her if she could do fecals for me and she sure just tell me what to look for. So my question is what dose she need to look for? I don't have my frogs yet, but I want to be ready when I get them.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
For an inexpensive guide to herp parasites see Amazon.com: Understanding Reptile Parasites: A Basic Manual for Herpetoculturists & Veterinarians (Herpetocultural Library - Spec) (9781882770212): Roger Klingenberg: Books

For a good guide to amphibians see http://www.amazon.com/Amphibian-Medicine-Captive-Husbandry-Wright/dp/0894649175

Your vet should be able to do a fecal regardless as many things while not the same can be similar... the above would help to identify them. She also needs to be able to distinguish between free living non-parasitic nematodes to prevent false positives.. but the second of the two books above will go a long way towards helping.....

Or she can consult with some of the experts in the field, see Arizona Exotic Animal Hospital for example

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts