Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would start a thread about what people bought at the pomona reptile super show. It doesn't have to be a PDF, but any living creature bought at the pomona show.

list vendor/ breeder the animal was bought from

List kind of animal (frog, snake ect.)
then the species (D. Auratus, ball python ect)
then photos if you have them
then any words on how the animals are doing, and any words on what the quality of the frogs are.

What I bought and who I bought from is:

vendor/breeder Bought from: Brian Duerr (MELLOWROO421)

animal: poison dart frog
Species: D. tintorius azureus
photos: none
My frogs are doing great so far, they are already hopping around, climbing and eating fruit flies, and they have only been in the viv for about an hour. I highly reccomend Brian Duerr to anyone who wants quality frogs.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Thanks for the kind words! Don't be surprised if its edited or deleted by the mods since its technically "vendor feedback".

I'll play!

Probable pair of Bastimentos pumilio from EricM and Jon.
Pleurothalis tripterantha, Sophronitis cernua, Bulbophyllum flaviflorum, Bulbophyllum hirundinis and very cool Rhipsalis species from Andy's orchids.
Also paid a visit to the mistking table and got some much needed supplies from JungleBox.

Had a great time as always and met up with a bunch of local scads members.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I got:

D. Auratus G&B proven pair from Sam

They are in their new home and were jumping around, eating flies and double checking that my viv was frog tight! One of them immediately went directly towards the screen i silicon'd in and was a bit worried about but it is all okay :)

here is one of them, the other went into hiding as soon as i went to take pics, of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
It was awesome convention, so tempting, to spend all my money. Especially since andy orchid was there. I'm pretty sure brian pick up some nice orchids.

What I bought and who I bought from is:

vendor/breeder Bought from: Dane

animal: poison dart frog
Species: D. Turquoise & Bronze Auratus
photos: see below
The frogs are very bold, one sat on the floor hunting springtail, while the other kept climbing to the top and falling down and getting back up again. :p both frogs are very healthy and active.

Plants: many broms, mosses,vine plants. (all the plants pictured we got there)
Also, 2 tadpoles (Standard azureus)

Reactions: frogface

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nice thread! Everybody's frogs look great. Here's my haul...

1) Pair of Bastimentos Pumilio from Eric & Jon. Brought them home yesterday and the male was calling this morning. They're all tucked up in a brom looking great.

2) Escudo from Eric & Jon. Put him in with my other Escudo and the action started right away. I was just watching him call like mad and the other one was hoppin around him and seeming interested... So looks like a pair! They're a little young still, but fingers crossed.

3) 4 A. Femoralis juvies from Eric & Jon. Just got them set up a few minutes ago. They were hunting flies and settling in fine. Love these guys. Nice orange flash marks on their legs.

4) 3 Red Trivittatus WC 2010 imports from Taron. Got them settled in to a 55 gallon with a waterfall and a pond. Had them in there maybe 10 minutes before they were calling too! Really cool chirp/whistle on these frogs.

5) plank of 3 orchids from andy's. we'll see if they survive. i'm pretty lousy at these

6) lots of broms from bonnie.

Awesome show. It was great hanging out with everybody. I'll post pics as I get them.

-brett

·
Registered
503 Posts
Well I would have to say that this was a good show. I hauled a good amount of stuff this time.

Here is what I got:

1. A group of 5 saint Isabel's from Eric and Jon

2. A pair olemarie tincs from Taron.

3. A standard lamasi female from Taron

4. Two juvi benidicta from Taron.

5. Two red trivittaus from Taron.

Supplies:

1. I got a plank of orchids from Andy's Orchids.

2. I got some broms and plants from Dame.

3. I also got some moss from Jason (evolvstll)

Word of the day: SCORED!!!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Well I would have to say that this was a good show. I hauled a good amount of stuff this time.

Here is what I got:

1. A group of 5 saint Isabel's from Eric and Jon

2. A pair olemarie tincs from Taron.

3. A standard lamasi female from Taron

4. Two juvi benidicta from Taron.

5. Two red trivittaus from Taron.

Supplies:

1. I got a plank of orchids from Andy's Orchids.

2. I got some broms and plants from Dame.

3. I also got some moss from Jason (evolvstll)

Word of the day: SCORED!!!!
Ya you did! Your always bringing home new frogs. I think your going to end up buying another few racks:rolleyes: I had a great time seeing everyone and even got to see a few celebs. Tank from Auction Hunters was there. Darrel from Auction Wars was there. Pretty cool. I ended up leaving with the following,

Proven pair Varederos from EricM

2 awesome orchids from Andy

Here are a few pics of what I got

Here is a pic of Andys display tank

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thanks to everyone who bought plants from me, I really appreciate it!

And thank you Alex for giving me those pots and mounts, that was really sweet of you :)

Now for my haul hehe

I got a baby male namib webfoot gecko from Julie Bergman (my female keeps laying infertile eggs, so hopefully this guy matures fast >.>)

I got 5 varaderos tadpoles from Taron, and when I went to put them in my tadpole incubator, one of the variabilis tads from Brian had apparently popped arms while I was doing the show and was wandering around the incubator >.<

I bought 2 orchids from Andys while dendro was at the show with me (I blame him, he's a bad influence lol) but since he has deemed them the "pimp colored orchids" I now have to build a pimp vivarium to put them in.

And then the next day Robert bought close to 40 orchids from Andys. No final count yet, but I have 20 here, and I know Robert has two more bags in his van. Even though Bob paid, they still count as my haul, since they're living with me :)

My pimp orchids, though the top one is much more glittery in person

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
awsome frogs and plants! To samsonsfrogs, awsome varederos! they are beautiful! you said they are proven, right? how much would you sell froglets for? (half kidding, half not ;) I really want some)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Suprisingly I left without any frogs!
I did get some orchids from Andy tho...seems to be the trend :p

A very nice pleurothallis tript., a bulbophyllum fraud., and 2 scaphs.

Eric hooked me up with a awesome grab bag of some really nice clippings! Some tillys and a crypt from Dane,and bought up most of bonnies billbergia broms.

Also got hooked up by Marty at mistking, got "Alot" of nozzles, drains, etc.

Got a 13w LED bulb from Jason, wanted one to play with and the new "Jungle White" looks great. might be converting my rack to these soon.. ;)

And some cocohuts,tree fern panels, film canisters and such from varies vendors.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks to everyone who bought plants from me, I really appreciate it!

And thank you Alex for giving me those pots and mounts, that was really sweet of you :)

Now for my haul hehe

I got a baby male namib webfoot gecko from Julie Bergman (my female keeps laying infertile eggs, so hopefully this guy matures fast >.>)

I got 5 varaderos tadpoles from Taron, and when I went to put them in my tadpole incubator, one of the variabilis tads from Brian had apparently popped arms while I was doing the show and was wandering around the incubator >.<

I bought 2 orchids from Andys while dendro was at the show with me (I blame him, he's a bad influence lol) but since he has deemed them the "pimp colored orchids" I now have to build a pimp vivarium to put them in.

And then the next day Robert bought close to 40 orchids from Andys. No final count yet, but I have 20 here, and I know Robert has two more bags in his van. Even though Bob paid, they still count as my haul, since they're living with me :)

My pimp orchids, though the top one is much more glittery in person

that second plant is nice!

I looked for you but I didn't find you...I spent quite awhile at Andy's too ><

but then again all I knew to look for was someone who kinda looks like your profile with broms ^^

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.