Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do one figure out which pump to buy in order to have enough pressure to feed all the nozzles. How do you also figure out how many misters a manifold can handle etc. I have been trying to research this topic, but several websites offers little or no help. If anyone can point me to a direction that will be great!

·
Registered
120 Posts
The pressure is not feeding your nozzles, but the flow rate of the pump by a specific pressure. Look to the nozzle's flow rate by the wanted pressure, and multiply with the total amount of nozzles. Per example. You have 20 nozzles and those are consuming 60 gram water by 7 bar (2 ounce water by 100 PSI) So you need a pump with a minimum flow rate of 20 x 2 ounce is 40 ounce by 100 PSI. You need a little more because of the pipe or hose loss and elevation loss, but that's not so much. Take in mind that how higher the pressure the better the spray pattern, the higher the flow rate, and smaller the droplets. I am using a 15 bar (217 PSI) pump, but I can handle a max. of 10 nozzles because of the low flow rate of the pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts