Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago I made a thread and uploaded a video of my paludarium. I listed the four species I was having problems with deciding on and a member (frog freak) helped me out a lot by telling me Vittatus would really appreciate the nice sized water feature I have and the pool will be filled with tads in no time. Another member has also told me the same. Cruising the forum this morning I read vents are very shy UNLESS a water feature is in the tank. Is this true about vents? Thanks to frog freak my 55 gal will be occupied by Vittatus. I want to know what other darts really appreciate water features because I'm also setting up a 20H & that will also have a water feature. IMO it makes the tank look more wild (natural) with some water flowing down the background.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I just wanted to say that I'm not sure where the idea that vents are shy without water features came from... perhaps some other people have had that experience, but my vents are actually pretty bold and there is no standing or running water feature in the tank at all. Some of the other frogs suggested in this thread sound good.
Bryan

·
Registered
120 Posts
My leucs love having the waterfall in my terrarium. I recently put in a zoo med fogger and I now see them engaging in very strange behavior! They climb around under the fogger and dance as the mist goes down them haha so funny.

Here he is after the mister turns off (gray mesh is the outlet)

By nschmitz06 at 2012-01-02

Dancing in the mist :)

By nschmitz06 at 2012-01-02

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a little stream in my viv with my yellow terribilis. I have heard that they like to lay their eggs in streams. My female is frequently in the stream, whether it is running or not. They are too young to mate yet, so I think she just likes being there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have three vents, and they were VERY shy when they were juveniles/sub adults (this is without water feature). However, as they got older, they became more bold to the point when I am cleaning the glass, they will come right up to my hand to see what is going on.

Reactions: ktdarts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts