Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know they are food for frogs but aren't they too small?? Do they serve any other purpose?

Sorry for the noob question. :D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
They are a good food for froglets and a good supplemental food for frogs.

Luke

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
They help break down waste in the tank, and provide great supplemental food, and a good backup food source.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darks!de said:
They are a good food for froglets and a good supplemental food for frogs.

Luke
Do they colonize in a viv?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all!

I'll get some springtails with my next FF order.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Drakken,

In the new Schmidt and Henkel book, they make two or more references to D. azureus prefering springtails over drosophila. I also find it interesting that prefer eating lighter colored foods.

Try feeding undusted Hydei, then dusted Hydei.

Richard

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Ok, I came home from work and there were my springtails. They were $10 for the kit, I got two. $12.30 to ship by USPS Priority Mail. They shipped them Monday and I got them already. Fedex would be $34, a bit too much. Those figures are for two kits, keep in mind. I live in Gibbsboro, NJ right near Voorhees, so similar travel distance to you since you also are in South Jersey. Erin and Dave are both good people to deal with.

·
Registered
191 Posts
In the new Schmidt and Henkel book, they make two or more references to D. azureus prefering springtails over drosophila. I also find it interesting that prefer eating lighter colored foods.
I established Springtails in my vivarium before introducing my two azureus. They have no problems eating FF's, Springtails or Pinheads, and seems to vigorously eat all three. Since the springtails are established, I do notice them constantly eating them. I think it might be a stretch to say they prefer them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts