Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my Azureus pair (3yo female, 2yo male) together about a month ago. They took to each other instantly and court almost every day. They'll come out of their sleeping log in the morning and play around in the tank for a while, then the two of them will go into the coco hut for a couple hours and make me think they're breeding. But whenever I peek under the hut the next day, there are no eggs!! What are they doing in there?? Playing board games and telling each other secrets???:p

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just getting to know each other I would guess. If they are a pair, they will bred eventually. Good luck with them.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Patience you must have, young frog Jedi!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Be patient... my Azureus pair turned 4 years old last fall, and I just started getting healthy tads from them last summer. It sometimes takes them awhile to get things right, but it is worth the wait! :D

Reactions: jbherpin

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never said I was in a hurry to breed them. In fact I wouldn't mind not having to raise a bunch of froglets while I'm in school. I just wonder what's going on in that hut since it's obviously not making babies!!:D

·
Registered
261 Posts
My brother is there, currently a sophomore. He likes vivs and stuff too. Pm me :)

But yeah I've been, love the mountains. I grew up in Memphis!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Never said I was in a hurry to breed them. In fact I wouldn't mind not having to raise a bunch of froglets while I'm in school. I just wonder what's going on in that hut since it's obviously not making babies!!:D
I guess my point was that it may take them awhile to work up to breeding and that probably IS what they are doing in the hut! Just because you don't see eggs, doesn't mean they're not working on it. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I like to think they're like me and prefer to plan things out carefully and consider all the possible consequences of their actions so they don't do anything they might regret ;) Anthropomorphism at its finest!:D
I guess my point was that it may take them awhile to work up to breeding and that probably IS what they are doing in the hut! Just because you don't see eggs, doesn't mean they're not working on it. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Be patient... my Azureus pair turned 4 years old last fall, and I just started getting healthy tads from them last summer. It sometimes takes them awhile to get things right, but it is worth the wait! :D
Wow, did you have them for all four years? I've had my 2 Azureus for 2 1/2 years and I'm pretty sure they're opposite gender but no babies yet.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
As with all darts, breeding readiness is quite individual, and sometimes certain pairs will "click" more so than others, even of the same species/clutch.

JBear

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As with all darts, breeding readiness is quite individual, and sometimes certain pairs will "click" more so than others, even of the same species/clutch.

JBear
I assume by darts you mean all living beings? Lol;)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wow, did you have them for all four years? I've had my 2 Azureus for 2 1/2 years and I'm pretty sure they're opposite gender but no babies yet.
Yep... they started courtship behavior at around 2 years, it just took them longer to get everything right.

Reactions: jbherpin
1 - 15 of 15 Posts