Dendroboard banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im getting to the point were im ready to set up my new vittatus viv and Im gonna put a fan in it were can I get a small quiet fan that works well in a 20 high?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Tigerdirect.com or they have comp usa as their retail store. Also newegg.com. i get either 60 or 80mm fans and they are perfect for concealing and push a good amount of air around. I use 120 mm to blow hot air from the lights. Also depending on how quiet you want them check the db.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
hey would this fan be fine im not sure if its dc powered or not but is it fineand should I just hook it up with a regular cell phone charger?

Newegg.com - MASSCOOL FD06025S1M3/4 60mm Case Fan
Hi,

I am a big techie. That fan will work, as with most computer fans. Solder each connection to an AC/DC converter and you're good to go. I'll most likely post a tutorial on how to build one with an adjustable voltage switch, so you can control the airflow of your fan.

When looking at fans, I highly recommend looking at the speed, noise level, and dimensions. Quiet nano fans are the best - Mine on my Imi tank is 40mm (just over 1.5 inches!)

·
Registered
36 Posts
wow thanks guys this helps and i did'nt now they were so cheap
If you have some old computers lying around you may even be able to get some for free :) Often old processors and some chips on the motherboards may have the smaller fans, and the front and back of the tower may have the larger ones.

·
Registered
230 Posts
try ebay. I use these in my tanks!! they are Fantastic ( used them for 3 years) great for the plants not wilting and at the same time small enough to not too much humidity out.

ebay... I will save you the trip

NANO CUBE MINI TERRARIUM COOLING BLOWER, QUIET, PLANTS | eBay

ALSO TRY Patrick Nabors Saurian Enterprises, Inc the guy is amazing in the hobby. ( i know he sells them on his site) and blackjungle.com also sells them

·
Registered
66 Posts
you can also pick up adjustable current converters from radioshack. As implied, they allow you to adjust current to fans, so you can adjust the speed (and noise volume) of the fans.

Converters have varied ratings, able to power the 40mm fans, all the way up to the 120mm fans.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts