Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a store you can buy these at with out having to order off the internet. I really do not want to pay shipping, so I was looking for a type of store that might sell these things. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike P.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
acrylic parts

Shipping acrylic parts is not that much. It's rarely over a couple bucks via 1st Class Mail.

·
Registered
141 Posts
One thing to consider with acrylic hinges, is if they break, your kinda screwed, whereas metal doesn't look as nice, but is replaceable and generally stronger/more durable

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
breaking hinges

I have never had one break. I have multiple vertical tanks with flip down front doors and none have broken. I have had the glass break a couple times, but the hinge was still attached even after the door slammed down and shattered.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've never had one break either. Seen some pop off the acrylic they were attached to though (cheap competitors acrylic tanks). I don't know of any place that carries acrylic hinges other than distributors. And there is usually a minimum order with them. I order them 100 at a time. Email me if you need a couple or a dozen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts