Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I found this site after stumbling through the viv/ter section at plantedtank.net I have wanted to do dartfrogs for so long but have lacked resources and the knowledge to do such. After doing a planted aquarium I am very excited to start a vivarium setup for some dart frogs.

Are there any noob articles I can read?
Where should I get started?
Any tips and comments would help...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hi,

A good place to start might be to visit the links page:

http://www.dendroboard.com/links/index.php

After visiting some of those sites you will probably have a better idea of what it takes to house and care for dart frogs and can ask questions about things that you still find confusing. Also, many of the threads have a "sticky" message at the top talking about the subject. For a great example visit the "Food" forum and check out the first message.

Best,

Marcos

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks for the info. I am definitely going to start small so if I have some beginner mistakes the results wont be too bad. I was thinking along the lines of a 10gal. According to what I have read I am only suppose to have 1frog/10gal so I could only keep 1 in there?

·
Registered
707 Posts
wei said:
Cool thanks for the info. I am definitely going to start small so if I have some beginner mistakes the results wont be too bad. I was thinking along the lines of a 10gal. According to what I have read I am only suppose to have 1frog/10gal so I could only keep 1 in there?
That depends on what kind of frogs you plan on getting. Some do better communally and other have problems with more than 1 female. Perhaps once you decide what kind of frog you want, you can get some better advice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to get D. auratus since theres a general consensus about those being starter frogs. I want to eventually get D. Azureus. For my first tank I just want to gain some experience with easy to manage and small(most importantly) setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts