Dendroboard banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I will be collecting leafs today and transfer him to a box with leaflitter as soon as I have enough samples to send in.
Would be a good idea to sterilize the leaves before you add them to the tank to avoid introducing any hitchhiker’s or additional stress factors. I do this by washing in very hot water and then microwaving them, however others bake them in the oven first

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Of course I will. Tomorrow I'll transfer him to the leaflitter box and hope for the best. I decided that even if he has worms, beating them will be easier if he is doing well in an environment that he feels comfortable in. I will try to feed him some more, didn't have much of a chance watching him today but he doesn't look deathly ill so far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
So this is his current quaerantine housing, I wll finish it in about an hour with some more hiding spots. Plants will be added as soon as the stores reopen over here.

Little fella is climbing around a lot and seems rather aware of his surroundings. Will feed him later today and see if he goes hunting.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
When putting him into his new housing he was very active and I had a hard time catching him. Now after a quick search he seems to have found a comfortable spot, where he is sitting and trying to clean himself. I have not observed this behaviour before (though it is really cute to look at!), there is nothing worrysome about it, right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
So here he is on his favourite spot. He got stronger and is moving around way more, especially after dropping the fruit flies into his tank. I'm daring to be slightly optimistic, although his front legs are really skinny (always been) he is capable of hunting and shows coordinated movement.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts