Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to use water that has been through a Brita conditioned and sat over night. Just want to make sure. And what is the best calcium supplement for my auratus(s). Thanks. :lol:

·
Vendor
2,847 Posts
that should be fine unless your water is really bad. The only problem with brita filters is that they don't get everything. Even filtered brita water will leave white watermarks on all your glass. I recommend buying spring water or using RO. If you are using brita water, keep as much of it off glass as possible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast reply.
Funny enough the water doesn't seem to leave water spots. I guess the humidity and the moisture in the viv. seem's to prevent any white spots. Thanks. :D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I use aged (at least 48hrs) brita water for both my misting and raising tads. I do not have any trouble (or water marks), but I must say that I live in a city with excellent drinking water. I heard they going to pass a "Brightwater" act which would put flouride in the tap water, I'll have to see if the Brita can filter that out. When keeping eggs moist, I just buy a gallon of drinking water at the store and add two drops of Mythylene Blue. I have never had a problem.

The vitamin/mineral product I use and love is Dendrocare. You can find it at:
http://www.edsflymeatinc.com/

Dust your ff's with it and your set....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm from the east bay area of california and use britta only for water bowls in the snake room. i use RO or distilled - depending on the application, but nothing else. Britta will leave water marks and if you read the fine print, there are still things that get through in my area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts