Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am NOT interested in the construction of a water feature. I do want a few small water recepatcles to deposit tads into.The species I am working with is Tincs. They will be breeding between now and 4 months or so. I have a coco-hut, but no water pool to drop the tads in. What is the best course of action if the primary focus was to observe a healthy tad transfer and then be able to collect the tad for outside rearing? ALL tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I was thinking about several small platic cups submerged into the soil randomly around, but in close proximity to the breeding hut.

Thanks!

JBear

·
Registered
527 Posts
hey jbear ... i'm subscribing to this thread because i've often wondered about this myself. i'd think that a feature shallow enough that your frogs cannot drown with appropriate water quality (tannins from leaf litter, etc?) would entice them to drop off in these locations. good luck with the breeding. let me know how it works out.

-brett

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My plan was to use 3 small plastic cups(tupperware quality), place them into the soil. Scatter a lot of leaves so that through misting and trampling the tannins will make there way into the water resevoirs. When/if tads are deposited I will lift out the cups, dump the tad(s) into appropriate rearing containers and reinsert the cup with fresh water. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

JBear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts