Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost done setting up a new viv for my 4 tincs. Actually, it's an old viv that i had to redo as my tincs came down with hookworms. I have added a waterfall in this new tank using slate and some of the water actually flows to the back of the waterfall, causing the soil around it to become soaked and water-logged. The drainage is good, so it won't be a swamp, but the soil is constantly wet.

So my problem is finding plants for these areas. I was going to just cover them with moss and not plant in them, but was wondering if plants would do well with a constantly wet soil like this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
mindcrash said:
I am almost done setting up a new viv for my 4 tincs. Actually, it's an old viv that i had to redo as my tincs came down with hookworms. I have added a waterfall in this new tank using slate and some of the water actually flows to the back of the waterfall, causing the soil around it to become soaked and water-logged. The drainage is good, so it won't be a swamp, but the soil is constantly wet.

So my problem is finding plants for these areas. I was going to just cover them with moss and not plant in them, but was wondering if plants would do well with a constantly wet soil like this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Some terrestrial Utricularia would do well in there, and a few water loving bromeliads. Drosera, Pinguicula, and philodendron would do well too. you could get a potatoe ivy, but those are invasive :p

Many aquatic plants do well too, if the soil is wet enough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts