Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that SIs like to bask in shallow water sometimes. Does anyone keep a shallow dish for them to hang out in? I don't want an actual water feature, but a small "pool" (monkey pod or something similarly sized) is doable since it would be easily removed and cleaned.

Photos of the tank for tax.

(Before plants were rearranged and foreground hardscape was added)

·
Registered
E. Anthonyii Santa Isabels
242 Posts
It’s not really necessary, seeing as you’ve got a brom in the viv. That can be a little water spot for them, and generally keeping moisture and humidity up. I put a little 4 oz deli cup in a corner of my viv, for tad deposits, which they did use to sit in a bit, but it made that corner a bit too moist. You can try siliconing a monkey pod or bell cup, but it’s not necessary.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you're able to, I would add a few more broms instead of replacing the one. Options are always nice and some epiphytic plants will allow the frogs to use up some of the airspace of your tank as well. Allow them to use up as much of the tank as possible! I love the Calathea you added btw.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you're able to, I would add a few more broms instead of replacing the one. Options are always nice and some epiphytic plants will allow the frogs to use up some of the airspace of your tank as well. Allow them to use up as much of the tank as possible! I love the Calathea you added btw.
Sorry, not Calathea, maranta

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two of the three love hanging out onnthe ledges that I have in there! I do have some extra broms that I had bought for a different tank and didn't use though, so I'll look at adding another one in there. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the kids hanging out on the mushroom ledge, his favorite spot as evidenced by the large amounts of frass:

And I added a montmorillonite clay bath to see if they'd like it, and one of them has been enjoying it:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts