Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
You need to either use the false bottom as part of the water retention area or drill it so it can drain into the sump. Otherwise, the water will wick into the other side at the first chance, potentially ruining the pump.

Typically water features really complicate first builds...

Ed

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
ok thanks guys yea im going to place the pump under the false bottom. yea it does seem to kinda complicate things with a pump however im in no rush to finish this build. im currently in that reading and asking questions stage.
Make it easy to be able to get into the area and replace/service the pump.. This means you have to figure out how to make it accessiable to you but not to the frogs so they don't get trapped down there or even caught in the pump.

Too often the pumps fail after awhile and you end up tearing apart an area that started to look good to replace the pump...

Ed

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
oh thanks yea i already planned out having an easy access area to service/remove the pump. when i do have it all set up i dont plan on running the pump all the time though.
The repeated starting and stopping can also wear on the pump which means that the frequent starts and stops can play hell with the impellors.. this causes extra stresses on the impellors and often requires fairly frequent replacements.

Have fun with it.

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.