Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I bought one of those water falls from the last white plains show and its been nothing but problems ever since...The pump gets clogged all the time now there must be a leak in it because the bottom of my red eye tree frogs tank is now a swampy mess. The only thing I like about the water fall is that it goes up high and the tree frog love climbing on it. I am thinking about just getting rid of the one I have and making or buying a totally diffrent one. Does anyone have any ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I dismanted mine and used various parts of it for landscaping. (I have the large one from ex-terra -I think thats the spelling.

-tad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont like them at all there hard to clean and the water gets nast. I have on of he big ones sitting in my basement and it was a TOTAL waste of money.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use just a tupaware type dish that's deep enough for the mini pump. I set it in the soil deep enough to be level with the land area, put some little rock/pebbles in the dish to make it look a little better. Then, I put a plant near/or around the hose so that it doesn't show to much. When I need to clean the area I just remove the dish and clean/disinfect the rocks, dish and hose. If you disguise it well it doesn't look to goofy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the waterfall I have is the ex-terra one as well I have the medium one...

Kaycei said:
I use just a tupaware type dish that's deep enough for the mini pump. I set it in the soil deep enough to be level with the land area, put some little rock/pebbles in the dish to make it look a little better. Then, I put a plant near/or around the hose so that it doesn't show to much. When I need to clean the area I just remove the dish and clean/disinfect the rocks, dish and hose. If you disguise it well it doesn't look to goofy.
Could you post a picture if you get a chance? I can't really visualize what your saying. I need to figure out something because I have to have some water source in there for this frog because now it wont go to a water bowl since i was used to the waterfall. If you could post a pic it would be greatly appreciated! :D Thanks!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
try using the pump and make your own check out the images for my tank. if you have questions i can give plenty of answers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gave up on waterfalls all-together. Trying to contain water to specific containers within a tank is a futile effort. I would recommend only bothering with a waterfall if you want to have an overall swampy bog type environment, or if you have the whole bottom of the tank be the resorvoir for the pump, and don't mind if everything gets soggy all the time.

I may seem cynical about the waterfall idea, but that's just my opinion. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, just checked in. I can't post a picture because I'm digital camera retarded. I just try to hide the tupaware and the hose. Sink the dish into the soil, put a minipump in, attache tube and decorate to blend it in. Then, when you need to, take it out and clean it. I'v had bad experiences with waterfalls too. The zoo med one I had leaked and, no matter what, bugs die in them. But, heck, their pretty!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts