Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ive always admired the little guys since getting into the whole reptile world, I already have a leopard gecko and corn so got a good awareness of certain needs etc though with ampibians im aware they can be very different particularly humidity

What Id like to know is I currently have an exo terra medium tall, something like 24x18x24 and thats roughly 44 gallons I believe

First question, as I know ill be here plenty more ^^ but mostly I would like a group of dart frogs for the long term, and how many would you recommend as adults in that size of a viv

What I hve been looking at are leucs, azeures were my first choice but with territory and the way the grouping works im growing off that idea, I know its possible but id rather no problems and get darts that dont mind being in a group

So a group of leucs, how many would you say would be possible for them to be happy?

thanks for taking your time to even read it! I tend to do alot of research before even thinking of getting anything sorted

·
Registered
259 Posts
I keep four Leucs in a tank that size. They are pretty good little climbers so make sure you use your height with slopes and tiered levels. They are very active and do well in groups.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah thank you, also was wondering whether they climbed much as I will be making my own custom viv interior with live plants etc, been stalking these forum for a good month now so always learning

would you say at 4 they are comfortable and what kind of ratio have you got in females or males? or maybe you havent them sexed/too young

thanks for the reply! all helping me make my decision, cheers

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
With 44 gallons u would say you can probably put like 5-6 leucs in there. I have an 18x18x18 with 3 leucs in there right now, I think they are all females, and plan on putting a male with them soon.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would definetly give them access to use the background by making little ledges, vines, or whatever you can think of. It would be a shame not to use it because it would give them more things to do...so get creative ...check out photo albums....get ideas. Like most frogs they do like foliage to hide in...so put some higher up on the background and they'll climb up to hang out in the plants. Mine are just babies right now so im not sure of the sex.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys all very useful and now that I know they can and like to climb Ill definitely be planning my viv around this somewhat to maximise its use then

thanks again! no doubt hear more from me soon :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts