Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second time I've tried to grow wandering jew in my crested gecko vivarium. This picture shows the rot starting to happen and did happen the last time. As I understand it, this plant is pretty popular in tropical vivs and is well known to grow aggressively. In the background is some pothos that does will in there. I mist by hand once a day. Usually with RO water and sometimes with bottled spring water. Any ideas?

·
Registered
108 Posts
There was a similar thread here recently with what (from the pictures) looks like the same problem. Something about water evaporating too quickly from the leaves...

·
Registered
97 Posts
It looks like it may be getting scorched. How high up do you have it? What kind of light are you using? I would move it to a lower light location while it’s still getting established. Once it’s rooted in well, it can handle pretty much anything. These leaves will probably die, but if the stems don’t die, the leaves will grow back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have them in a planter secured to the side about 2-3" from the top screen. I've wondered if that could be the problem. I have 2 11w jungle LEDs in the ExoTerra fixture. I was hoping they'd drape down but they like to curl back up towards the light. I think I'm actually going to rearrange things in the viv a bit and put them on the ground and maybe put some philodendron in that planter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a full view of things. It's an ExoTerra 18x18x24. It's washed out from its light fixture but it's good enough to give context of where things are placed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts