Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Rich What temperature do u have your bastis at? and can you describes your vivarium set up and water conditions?
PS nice frog
Cheers

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
WOW, you have to save those incredible pictures for photo contests...which reminds me, Admins, when is the next monthly contest and what will be the entry (photos, jokes, poems, vivs, media recipes, other)?....

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey,

I got these frogs the first week of Feb, they are from the 5th shipment. I think there has been another since.

The bastis are just in a 15" cube, to be honest I don't know the temp. I keep the room at 69-71, so add a couple degrees to that. I have 6 broms in their tank, but they seem to only use one. I wasn't sure this was a pair until today, so I guess you can say I wasn't trying to breed them. Recently, the mister has been cut back to only 1 min cycles a day. I then manually override it for like 5 to 10 mins a day to flood the broms.

Water conditions... I used to use spring water, but now just tap.

As far as the next photo contest... Just make a suggestion because all of us are strapped for ideas.

Thanks for the comments.

-Rich

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I really enjoy looking a people's vivariums, so many neat ideas and creative set-ups (ie. Ben's Compost viv). This would be a good one.

Lets see, for the recipe contest you could sumit your recipe to one person, they could innoculate each culture with the same species and amount of flies (too dificult to sort by sex), and at the end of a set period of time, apply ether and count the yield....I'm sure there are lots of loop-holes here but you get the general idea. Also, cost of materials per 32oz culture and time required to make a batch could be other factors.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
David,

I was told that the spring water would actually hurt the system. I had clogs when I used the steam water, but none sense. The only problem is the spots on the glass.

Now, I own another misting system that says you can only use pure water or it will clog.

Go figure,
Richard.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I know whatyou mean about hard water. I used to live in Westminster, MD and had well water. Now I live in Kentucky where you have nice limestone deposits in the water. Great for horses, bad for frogs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts