• Frog Art picture

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Other, post options in the thread

Votes: 7 10.8%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
1,573 Posts
I like the vivarium build but it should have a start date for anyone wanting to participate and give a month or two for it to grow in. I think its a fair competition for everyone. The photograph competitions are hardly fair as it seems to always be someone with a $1000+ camera set up.

·
Registered
725 Posts
we could do a coolest DIY project contest. i would come up with something nifty for that.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
how about best diy tutorial video? you could have a time limit of like 15 minutes and let folks show how to do various tasks relevent to the hobby. when its done the top __ videos could be posted to the care sheet area. not only would it be a great contest, but it could help others wanting to do some of these projects.

i'dd like to see a vid on the flevopol root, thing (like in grimm's tank), ive been planning a how to CPU fan video (as soon as i can get the camera battery charged). there are tons of opportunities. clay BGs, homemade FF recipes, tad incubators, GS, vert conversions, DIY lighting, glowing mushrooms ;), the list goes on and on.

james

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think a DIY video might be the most beneficial to the hobby. Its can be a bit of work, but I think the members would be up for it.

·
Banned
4,938 Posts
how about best diy tutorial video? you could have a time limit of like 15 minutes and let folks show how to do various tasks relevent to the hobby. when its done the top __ videos could be posted to the care sheet area. not only would it be a great contest, but it could help others wanting to do some of these projects.

i'dd like to see a vid on the flevopol root, thing (like in grimm's tank), ive been planning a how to CPU fan video (as soon as i can get the camera battery charged). there are tons of opportunities. clay BGs, homemade FF recipes, tad incubators, GS, vert conversions, DIY lighting, glowing mushrooms ;), the list goes on and on.

james
I voted for a specific species photo contest, but this is a great idea.

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
Lets work on the next contest, and we are also interested in donations for prizes.
Kyle,

I will donate 100$ in 'greenbacks' credit for any future frog purchases from the Frog Pit of mine :D

But I want to learn something with the DIY video :):) So the bar is set.!

Shawn

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I like the vivarium build but it should have a start date for anyone wanting to participate and give a month or two for it to grow in. I think its a fair competition for everyone. The photograph competitions are hardly fair as it seems to always be someone with a $1000+ camera set up.
A $1000+ camera set up doesn't mean anything, I have one and my pictures still blow.

·
Registered
725 Posts
i really like the tutorial video idea. makes me mad i don't have a video camera! could written tutorials be allowed too?

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
you can get a web cam CHEAP from amazon for $6 shipped (with a quick search ifound a 5.0 megapixel one for that much)

james

1 - 20 of 51 Posts