Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I Have started building my vivarium this week. and i have a few questions. Here:

you can see the wood that I have collected on a trip to the local forest, it is all dry, but I have seen some insects creeping on it, dont mind the tape and the other things (the measuring things are for fitting the woodpieces in a 60x30 rectangle) they are just for me to see how it looks.

My first question is if it is dangerous for the frogs to use wood out of a local forest, I also want to know what I could do with it to make it save. (Think about boiling or some kind of cure)

My second question is if you guys know a way to safely and easily attach the different wood pieces together.

-Rens

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sterilize it.

Soak it in a 5% bleach solution
Boil it in regular water a few times after that. Which might be overkill but you never can be too careful.

Actually before you mess with any of that you might want to do some research and figure out what kind of wood it is and whether or not it will be appropriate for use in a high humidity vivarium.

I use wood that I find in the forest or driftwood from the river all the time after sterilization, but those are in low humidity leopard gecko and agamid enclosures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts