Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked all over the forums for a subject on the tops of vivariums. I was wondering if you have a top that is screen and need to put glass or plastic over part of the enclosure should there be something under the light like glass or a plastic or can the light be directly on the top? there is also a misting system and fogger in this enclosure.

People seldom show the tops of their frog habitats just where the frog lives. Would be nice to see how people design the tops.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I just bought three exo terra's. I 'm tossing the screen top and i'll replace partailly with glass (the hardware store a mile from my house cuts to size). I will use the plastic insert sold with versa tops for the front of the viv (local pet store will cut to length). I'm using this to accomodate for the top hinge on the tank (I can cut the plastic for a nice fit) and to drill two holes. One for a mist nozzle and one for an internal fan.

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
In your situation it sounds like you're laying a piece of glass on top of the screen (which is what I do, but on zoo meds/exo terras I make sure the glass reaches to the outside edges so it rests on them), so in that case it wowuld depend on the temp inside the tank on whether you would need to raise the light up a couple of inches because of the heat generated.

Don't use those little in-tank foggers, they're dangerous!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.