Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get an inexpensive animal with needs very similar to dart frogs to test out my vivarium, that is not actually a dart frog, and doesn't need any additional stuff. I asked the petstore guy (I know, I know, petstore people, in my experience, know jack diddley squat about anything other than cats and dogs) if they needed anything in particular, and i'm under the impression that my viv doesn't have the sort of light that anoles need. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as what a good tester animal would be? Ah, and I plan to find out if I can bring it back to the store when I'm done with it, lol, I'll let you know how that goes. :lol:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
whites tree frog?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Don't use a White's Tree Frog. They are very heavy and will destroy your plants, plus they produce alot of poop. Many that are sold are WC and can contaminate your tank with parasites.

Why do you feel the need to test your vivarium? Any frog that you use to test it will possibly bring in parasites or infections. Sterilizing the tank would require completely stripping it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Maybe I'm just not clear on your question but why would you want to "test" your vivariums before introducing PDF's as the permanent residents. Unless you used some material in the construction that you believe might be toxic to the frogs, as others have said I think that you could introduce potential parasites or worse into the environment during your test period, especially if you put another frog species in there.

Ed

G

·
Why would a whited treefrog even come into your mind as an animal that has similar care requirements? They require far lower humidity and higher temps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.