Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I have a couple of questions. First, what does PLC stand for? Second, do you know if this system can incorporate a random number generator and can you set variable cut on and cut off thresholds? The system I've been hoping to build would use a random number generator and cut points that change according to the calendar date to set probabilities for an event to occur and randomness within that probability. In other words, suppose the system I mimic has a 70% probability of rain between 1 and 4 pm on May 23. On that date, I would set a cut point of 0.7 for that time range and generate a random number between 0 and 1. If the number generated is less than or equal to 0.7, the rain system is switched on. The actual program would obviously be a bit more complex but that's the general idea. The only way I know to do this is to write a custom program but I know nothing about the hardware needed to translate the program output into automated device events. Given that limitation, I'm always interested in systems that provide advanced even programming.

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did poke around on the forum and it looks really good. Since I'm a long way from being ready to actually do this project, I'll probably wait to start asking questions when I am. This stuff might be old fashioned by then!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.