Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been wanting a long tank for awhile to set up a vivarium for Ameerega bassleri "Chrome"

I found this used Atasuki tank from someone local to me.

There was a bit of damage (well, a bunch of damage but nothing that an extra sheet of glass and silicone wouldn't fix :) )

I siliconed mesh over the front ventilation strip to make it more fruit fly proof

And installed a silicone strip on the door for that same reason

I went with a cork bark mosaic background and picked up a 15 pound box of cork bark (was 30% cheaper than buying individual pieces)

Here's a progress picture of laying out the cork:

And with it siliconed on and moss added:

Substrate added

Plants added:

Plant list:
Alocasia "Polly"
Pilea "Moon Valley"
Fittonia veerschaffeltii "pink"
Hypoestes phyllostachya
Episcia "Jim's silhouette"

Still have a few more plants to add, and letting the plants grow in for a few months, then hopefully in August I can put the frogs in.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I really like your background! Where did you buy a box or cork from?

I am already thinking about my next tank and something this long would be nice! How many frogs are you thinking of starting with?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like your background! Where did you buy a box or cork from?

I am already thinking about my next tank and something this long would be nice! How many frogs are you thinking of starting with?
I bought it on Amazon, but that's because there aren't many options here other than that
I'm the USA there's also Maryland cork that a lot of people like to use, and of course, Amazon.

As for frogs, likely only 2-3, still have a bit more research on that to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts