Dendroboard banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

A few weeks ago I posted my vivarium that seemed to be totally wrong :)

Well, here is is now!

I replanted it, I have the lights on from 9 am to midnight, I have a small fan come on for 15 min every 2 hours to circulate the air, and a fogger come on for 5 minutes every 4 hours - Basically long enough to fill the viv nicely

Temp stable at 73 degrees, humidity stable at 85%

Going to let all the plants settle in for another week or so then I think Im going to order some frogs :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
what are you using to measure your humidity/temps with? also what was totally wrong with the previous version?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what are you using to measure your humidity/temps with? also what was totally wrong with the previous version?
Humidity is an internal humidity gauge, Heat is an IR temp gun from Home Depot!

Last time, what was wrong was a totally wrong selection of plants, that were also planted in totally wrong parts of the vivarium -

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
is it a dial or an electronic?
Humidity is an internal humidity gauge, Heat is an IR temp gun from Home Depot!

what were the wrong locations?
Last time, what was wrong was a totally wrong selection of plants, that were also planted in totally wrong parts of the vivarium -

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
ok can you be more specific about what was wrong with the location of the plants.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had bromiliads that were too big at the bottom, and ferns too high.. I had air plants in places that are always wet... Just basic bad planning on my part

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
You have a nice looking viv right there. Just a little constructive criticism for you. First off, I would like to see a little more leaf litter in there. I think I see a little, but I would add a little more. Second is that your lights definately don't need to be on that long. Nothing wrong with leaving the lights on that long, just not necessary.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
a few suggestions.

loose the water feature. its a space killer,(whats the tank size btw?)

add leaf litter. the moss is cool, but not the best option for the frogs

and move the broms up a little higher, they'll be much less likely to rot.

lookin good

james

1 - 16 of 16 Posts