Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I'm fairly new to darts and I have 4 vitts too young to sex (so I thought) they are 6-7 months one has been calling for a month and last night he was calling and I watched as the female (I'm guessing) sat on his back, what does this mean? are they trying to breed?:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks I'll keep an eye out for eggs. I was almost certain they were too young to be breeding already I was assuming I would have eggs this summer, that and I don't have a petri dish and just made my own cocohut and added it to the tank last night:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I also have 2 others in there and I have no idea if they are male or female, I need to find someone local to sex them guys for me and would you know where I can buy a new river from? I can't seem to find them, I bought 1 from a somewhat local guy and prefer not doing much more with them he just seem like a "puppy mill" with his frogs I bought 2 luecs from them and within days 1 died

·
Registered
128 Posts
I never had success getting mine to breed under a cocohut. Once I would find a clutch, the pair would not lay there again. I added a small dish of water to the viv, and would collect tads after the male would transport them. Every so often you would be surprised and see a new froglet just show up one day! My male sometimes dropped off a tad in a brom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts