Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many feedings do you think you can dust with the same supplements, before they are depleted of one thing or another?
I was wondering, cause when I first started out I thought I'd be going through the stuff left and right, so I used the same supplement over and over, until eventually (like probably 5-6 feedings) it looked like not much stuck to the flies. Well, I've figured out a while ago that even if I use fresh supplements every time, the stuff still lasts a long time, so that's what I've been doing, but If a person can stretch it out a little, with no problems, there is always something more fun to buy than vitamins!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I don't have a lot of frogs (approx 30 adults) but find that I go through less than half of a small bottle of supplements in a 6 month period which is when the supplements should be thrown away anyway. In my case, it doesn't really pay to recycle supplements in the dusting vial since more than half of my supply is going to get old before it gets used anyway.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
One of the items to keep in mind with recycling used supplement for a few days is that the vitamins will be more oxidized as it will be exposed to more moisture (what was respired by the flies) as well as light ect. This degrades the effectiveness of the supplement.
Its just easier to decrease the amount to put in with the flies each time.

Just a thought,

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts