Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
thanks for the info!!!! i woke up, read this, and went directly to harbor freight. picked up 3 for a whopping $26!!

james

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went to Harbor Freight and picked up 2 today!!. $8 each is a must buy. I had to ask an employee for it though. They didn't have it out on display or on the aisles anywhere. They kept it in the back.

It's a Vicks Cool Air Humidifier like the one below but a previous model with 1 switch On/Off and misting intensity slider bar instead of the turning knob.

Amazon.com: Vicks Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier: Health & Personal Care

It has a built in demineralizer box that you have to change every 2 months.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no idea how long they are on sale at this price.

I'm in Texas.

The one's I got were KAZ models, OEM, no fancy packaging just a cardboard box, but still included coupons.

Seems to put out a TON of mist, enough to fill an 18x18x24 Zoomed in about 5 minutes on the lowest setting.

I'll post a pic online tonight.

I was easily able to retro fit the unit. A 1 1/2" bushing to 1/2" slip PVC fitting slips all the way down into the humidifier's main shaft and forms a nice fit. A 2" bushing will fit VERY snug in the upper section. You could sand it(the fitting down. I didn't use any silicone at all on the 1 1/2 fitting and there is no leakage of mist.

I'm REALLY glad a few of you were able to go out and pick these up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have no idea how long they are on sale at this price.

I'm in Texas.

The one's I got were KAZ models, OEM, no fancy packaging just a cardboard box, but still included coupons.

Seems to put out a TON of mist, enough to fill an 18x18x24 Zoomed in about 5 minutes on the lowest setting.

I'll post a pic online tonight.

I was easily able to retro fit the unit. A 1 1/2" bushing to 1/2" slip PVC fitting slips all the way down into the humidifier's main shaft and forms a nice fit. A 2" bushing will fit VERY snug in the upper section. You could sand it(the fitting down. I didn't use any silicone at all on the 1 1/2 fitting and there is no leakage of mist.

I'm REALLY glad a few of you were able to go out and pick these up.
I think they are all OEM cardboard box. Did yours come with the demineralizer unit?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes. But I took it out. I'm using distilled water so there is no reason. I'm not sure what chemical is used to demineralize the water but I figured since I'm using distilled there is no reason for it as there should be no minerals anyway. It is probably some kind of absorption resin which wouldn't be harmful. But I don't know if they ad any antibacterial chemical agent or anything else to eliminate odors or whatever. at any rate, I just set it aside.

Not I rinsed the inside of the unit with tap water, then misted with my DI sprayer to remove any dust/deposits that may have been in the unit.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nice catch, Doug. I just sent my husband out to the Harbor Freight near his office to pick up a half dozen or so.

The last couple of humidifiers I bought cost $35 and $40 - yuck!!

kristi

·
Registered
975 Posts
Just grabbed one as well. I was told they were originally 30$ i expected it to be just a tad smaller as i had to ride the motorcycle to go get it. Cars in the shop. Had to take it out of the box to get it in the backpack Lmao. Just barely fit. One year warranty for 3$ as well.

What a score.

·
Registered
586 Posts
So is there any advertisement or posting that its $8? I'll be really sad if SoCal is left out of this deal.

This is what I saw when I went just 20 mins ago. :(

EDIT: They're on clearance with no tag saying so. :]

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
My husband called the store first and found out that they were an in-store sale. He picked up 8 of 'em, and the boxes look just like those. Just a plain brown wrapper with OEM -

I'm a happy camper !

k

·
Registered
63 Posts
So is there any advertisement or posting that its $8? I'll be really sad if SoCal is left out of this deal.

This is what I saw when I went just 20 mins ago. :(

EDIT: They're on clearance with no tag saying so. :]
I'm in Socal and I grabbed 2 :p

I was also contemplating not bothering going back to get a de-mineralizer as I also use distilled water in everything as well.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts